Wednesday 29 May 2013

Bombshell Bites

Inspired by the post workout oats I make with oatmeal, protein powder and fruit- I put my culinary skills to the test to make these little beauties.

Perfect post workout snack with 1:1 protein to carbs, all clean and simple food
to refuel after a sweat session!
 
 
Ingredients
 
1 cup Oat Flour
2 mashed bananas
2 scoops Vega Vanilla Protein Powder
1/4 cup Egg Whites
1TBSP Agave (or Honey)
1Tsp Baking Powder
Dash Cinnamon & Vanilla extract
 
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden
 
I used "muffin top" trays, you could use mini muffin tins too!
Yields 12
 
I placed a slice of frozen strawberry on top before I place in the oven, you could experiment with any other fruit-this worked well, it made a nice fruity centre. Once they were done I sprinkled the top with cinnamon and stevia for a sweet surprise.
 
I'll be making these again with chocolate protein powder and cocoa....soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment