Wednesday 23 January 2013

Protein Muffin Tops!

They say you are what you eat, but in this case it's quite the opposite.
 I have been getting my work outs in first thing in the morning so a quick breakfast of something that isn't too heavy but will properly fuel me up for my sweat session is key!

I was making oatmeal, and even though that takes only a few minutes-these little gems can be eaten on the run. If you too work out in the morning, make sure you are fuelling up right, 
never train empty if you want the most from yourself!

1 c quick oats
1 c egg whites
1 tsp cinnamon
1tsp baking powder
1.5 tbsp ground flax
2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
*2 tsp stevia or "ideal"(optional)
1c frozen blueberries

I used a muffin "top" tin so they are just cookie sized and easy to eat, you are also able to get them kind of crunchy this way but you could use mini muffin tins instead.

Bake at 375 for 15-20 mins ( depending on how "crispy" you like them)



This recipe made 10 muffin tops 

Stats p/top: 80 calories, 0.6 g fat, 9 g carbs, 10 g protein


Great for a pre-WOD or an afternoon snack
Get creative and use some natural peanut butter or  coconut oil and honey


I will try these again with dark chocolate chips and chocolate protein powder..asap

Try them today!



No comments:

Post a Comment