Thursday 20 December 2012

All I want for Christmas is a calorie free cookie!

Alas, the holiday begins!
I had to go dark for a bit and push through my semester at university. 
I truly don't think I have ever worked so hard in my life. I haven't slept much since mid October when mid terms struck down and it was really just non stop since then.

I am exhausted, but proud of my accomplishments so my sacrifices seem worthwhile.

Now, a week to enjoy friends and family!

This time of year is always difficult when it comes to eating healthy and maintaining all the hard work you put in all year. We all love to indulge, enjoy the calorie ridden Christmas cocktails...several of them.. the baking, turkey, stuffing-whatever your vice is. 
We all start the New Year a little worse for ware, and maybe a little "soft".

Do you have a strategy to keep your self in check or are you just going crazy 
waiting for the resolutions to kick in? 

Thus far, December has been spent in a library for me. I haven't been in my normal routine, not eating my normal meals..sacrifice for my school work (maybe for you that is for your kids, family or work).
Or maybe you have skipped your workouts for Christmas parties and traded your clean meals for gingerbread men .... It happens.

At this point it seems silly to catch up, right?
wrong. 
Think about letting yourself enjoy a little of the things you love every day during the holiday, like a peppermint mocha or a rum and egg nog if that's what tickles your fancy..but don't just give up on yourself and write it off completely!

Take some time for yourself and get in a little sweat session and at least start
 your day with something healthy ! 

Be realistic-but let's not just throw it out the window and vow to start fresh in the New Year! 
You will probably want to not be hiding in your ugly Christmas sweater on New Years Eve. 

Grab a friend and hit a spin class, crush a WOD or go build a snowman.
Do yourself a favour, take time for yourself and you'll have less guilt January 1.

Merry Christmas friends!
Look forward to some great new recipes, workouts and a fresh start to 2013!

Love Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment